Government abuse. It is odd that the American people are not heartsick, outraged and taking to the streets over unrestrained government and the recent catalog of gross abuses of Federal power and control. Or at least it is odd until you remember two things:
1) The liberal media avoids tackling anything that might disparage Obama, two bumps in the road being the NSA Prism spying scandal followed by the revelation that the Justice Department had secretly combed through the phone records of reporters and editors at The Associated Press.
2) Many Americans just do not care anymore, and are frankly tired of the squabbling between Big Government Democrats and Big Government Republicans.
“NOTHING TO FEAR BUT FED ITSELF”
This is tragic, because history will show that the two things that actually threatened post- WWII America were not nuclear war and terrorism, but the Federal government and creeping apathy; two things that are destroying the America we know and love. Government is the enemy, not terrorists. Historically, governments have slaughtered and imprisoned millions of people, while terrorists have killed a few hundred thousand.
ABUSE & CORRUPTION: ALL SYSTEMS NORMAL
This spate of egregious government scandals does have a common thread.
– The operations are carried out in secret.
– When exposed, they are hotly denied by the accused and largely ignored by the mainstream media.
– No one confesses, apologizes or is ever held accountable.
– The Administration and mainstream media eagerly welcome the next ‘news distraction’.
– In short, nothing changes.
WHY DO WE NO LONGER TAKE A STAND AGAINST SUCH ABUSE?
During this century, Americans have taken a stand against communism (the Soviet Union during the Cold War, the Korean and Vietnam wars), fascism (Franco’s Spain, Mussolini’s Italy, Hitler’s Germany and Saddam Hussein’s Iraq), imperialism (Hirohito’s Japan) and Islamic fundamentalism (Afghanistan, Iran, Al Qaeda). Yet what we have to fear most is statism at home, since our government already believes it should control individual liberty (gun control), social policy (Obamacare) and economic policy (government bailouts of corporations, loans to uneconomic ‘green’ corporations, and now perhaps even bankrupt cities as well).
“IN GOD WE TRUST, THE FED NOT SO MUCH”
As Cato Institute President John Allison recently noted, “The tragedy is that we cannot trust our own government….. as all of the abuses and intentionally misleading statements clearly demonstrate. If we could, the IRS abuses would not have taken place and there might be an argument for NSA surveillance for terrorists. Power corrupts. I believe it is reasonable to draw a connection between these abuses of power and the efforts to take away 2nd Amendment rights. The last check against the tyrannical state is the right to bear arms. When gun rights go, other freedoms will ultimately follow.”
ABUSE OF THE MONETARY SYSTEM
If you still think you trust your government, remember that these are the same people who dictate monetary policy and who are printing $85 billion dollars a month out of thin air, constantly devaluing our currency and hiding from us the fact that real interest rates are in the negative and that the real consumer inflation rate is approaching 9% per year.
GOLD & SILVER: A SAFE REFUGE FROM ABUSE
Now do you understand why discerning Americans are taking advantage of a temporary dip in prices to buy up and store physical gold and silver bullion now, for the storm ahead?